Snickers Ice-Cream Cake
Hello all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there – here’s a delicious ice cream treat for you. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, contains no refined sugar and is suitable for vegans – plus it’s a really fun recipe for summer. Let the cake melt a little bit before you eat it – it’ll be much easier to serve.
For the ice-cream:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 can/400ml full fat coconut milk (refrigerated over-night)
- ½ cup/120 ml peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the middle:
- ½ cup raw crushed peanuts (or hazel nuts)
- 0.25 teaspoon sea salt
For the caramel filling:
- 6 fresh dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup (or organic honey)
- ½ cup/120 ml un-sweetened peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a tiny pinch of celtic sea salt
- ½ cup/120ml coconut milk
For the chocolate frosting:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup cacao butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons organic honey or rice syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ cup crushed raw peanuts (or hazel nuts)
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup (or organic honey)
Line a cake tin 3.5 x 7.5 inches large with parchment paper.
It is easiest to make each element separately then assemble them all at the end.
To make the ice-cream. Cover the cake tin with parchment paper so that the cake is easier to remove later. Place the bananas, peanut butter, coconut milk and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. taste and add more sweetness, if desired, for example with coconut syrup or honey. Pour the ice cream mixture into the tin.
Crush the peanuts and add a pinch sea salt it. Drop the crushed nuts on top of the ice cream and make the caramel filling.
For the caramel filling. Place all the ingredients into a blender, but only half of the coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk if needed so that you’ll get the consistency of a smooth caramel sauce, or as runny as you desire. Pour about half of the filling into the cake tin on the top of the ice cream. Place the tin into a freezer for about 3 hours or until solid.
Whisk together the coconut oil, cacao butter, cocoa powder and organic honey/rice syrup for the chocolate frosting until it is a smooth sauce. Taste and add more sweetness if desired.
To assemble. When the ice cream is solid remove the ice cream cake from the tin and place it onto a serving plate. Pour the rest of the caramel filling on top of the ice cream cake. On top of the caramel filling pour the chocolate frosting. Sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top and pour some syrup or honey on. Let the cake melt a little while in the fridge so that i’s not totally frozen, serve and enjoy!Visit the Blog